Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Girish Havaldar <ha...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/20 13:18:21 UTC

Regarding Text field editor in JSP

Hello

 are there any text editor built in  that assist us  in formating input
data, like Subscripting, superscripting, making bold, etc. This editor we
need to embed in our jsp page.

--
Regards

Girish S.Havaldar

Re: Regarding Text field editor in JSP

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
This is more an ajax or client side question.  You might want to look at
Google Web Toolkit as one possibility.

--David

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Girish Havaldar wrote:
> Hello
>
> are there any text editor built in  that assist us  in formating input
> data, like Subscripting, superscripting, making bold, etc. This editor we
> need to embed in our jsp page.

http://www.fckeditor.net/

is quite good and has java module.

Re: Regarding Text field editor in JSP

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On 7/28/07, Girish Havaldar <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the openWYSIYUG is working fine, in my application i have five
> textarea, i want to make use of only one editor  tool bar, which will
> formate all textarea. i don't want to bind the editor to all 5 textarea
> separately, is there any way to accomplish this.

I use tinyMCE like that for one app -- single editor instance, content
from paragraphs is loaded into it onclick, save both rewrites the page
and saves the change in the background.

HTH,

Re: Regarding Text field editor in JSP

Posted by Girish Havaldar <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hello Paul

thank you, the openWYSIYUG is working fine, in my application i have five
textarea, i want to make use of only one editor  tool bar, which will
formate all textarea. i don't want to bind the editor to all 5 textarea
separately, is there any way to accomplish this.

Girish S.Havaldar.

Posted by Evan J <ma...@gmail.com>.
Does any of these toolkits allow the server to provide set of CSS
files upon request of a page with embedded HTML editor so as the
writer composes his/her page, he/she be able to include classes, for
instance, from the designated CSS file(s)?

Posted by Paul Singleton <pa...@jbgb.com>.