Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthias Müller <py...@yahoo.de> on 2007/03/08 11:03:01 UTC

Relative 'fontBaseDir' path with FOP 0.20.5

Hi there,

I use Cocoon 2.1.9 and FOP 0.20.5 (since i don't have a clue how to upgrade the FOP version), to generate PDF output.
I embed special fonts as described in the FOP Configuration: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.20.5/configuration.html
Somehow the entry fontBaseDir except only absolute path values like:
----------------------
<entry>

    <key>fontBaseDir</key>

    <value>C:\workspace\Cocoon\build\webapp\projekt\fonts</value>

</entry>
---------------------
Is there a possibility to add a relative path here? I read that if it isn't specified, the value from baseDir is used. I don't use the baseDir entry since it also only exceptes absolute path values.

Any ideas? Greetings Matthias

Re: Relative 'fontBaseDir' path with FOP 0.20.5

Posted by Tobia <to...@linux.it>.
Matthias Müller wrote
> Is there a possibility to add a relative path here?

I had a similar problem when I tried to embed fonts following these
instructions http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/pdf-serializer.html
I solved it with a dynamically generated config file.

root sitemap.xmap:

  <serializer name="fo2pdf" ...>
    <user-config>cocoon://font-config</user-config>
  </serializer>

  <match pattern="font-config">
    <generate src="context://WEB-INF/fonts/config.jx" type="jx"/>
    <serialize type="xml"/>
  </match>

WEB-INF/fonts/config.jx:

  <configuration xmlns:jx="...">
    <jx:set var="fontdir" value="${context.getRealPath('/WEB-INF/fonts')}"/>
    <fonts>
            embed-file="${fontdir}/verdana.ttf">
    </fonts>
  </configuration>

It's a bit hacked together, but it works everywhere.

Tobia