Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net> on 2017/12/21 07:08:49 UTC

Should we set org.netbeans.editor.aa.text=true?

Hi all,

Default text antialiasing in a modern Linux box (high DPI) is not very good.

After reading http://wiki.netbeans.org/EditorAntialiasing and
experimenting with different values I found the setting
"org.netbeans.editor.aa.text=true" to be the best for me.

Should we make this a default setting in {nb}/etc/netbeans.conf? Any
experiences you want to share?

Thanks,
Antonio

Re: Should we set org.netbeans.editor.aa.text=true?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Are there any side effects that this might have?

Otherwise, sure, why not do this, could be good for everyone.

Gj

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi Antonio,

Am Sonntag, den 07.01.2018, 17:26 +0100 schrieb Antonio:
> Which JDK are you using on Linux?
>
> OpenJDK8 is very bad in my laptop, but Oracle'd JDK 9 is a great
> improvement: I can use IBM Plex Mono out of the box [1] (i.e.
> without
> any additional settings).

I think I'm a bad measurement for font display quality. I don't see
changes in OracleJDK8, OracleJDK9 or OpenJDK 8 (Ubuntu default) ;-)

Greetings

Matthias

Re: Should we set org.netbeans.editor.aa.text=true?

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.

[1] https://github.com/ibm/type

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Not sure this antialiasing behaviour is worth improving.

Top (org.netbeans.editor.aa.text=true) vs bottom on JDK 9. Maybe this is
just my box, though.

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi,