Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/01 21:25:33 UTC

nifi-extension-utils

All,

As part of NIFI-3724 which was merged to master earlier today, I made
some slight refactoring to the organization of some utility code and
wanted to mention it in case anyone is wondering where things moved...

Previously under nifi-commons we had nifi-processor-utils and
nifi-hadoop-utils which had become places to put abstract processors
and processor related code. This type of utility code is a bit
different from the rest of nifi-commons which is completely
independent of anything under nifi-nar-bundles.

So I created nifi-extension-utils under nifi-nar-bundles to contain
code like abstract processors and things that need to reference
controller service APIs. The structure currently looks like the
following:

nifi-nar-bundles
    - nifi-extension-utils
          - nifi-processor-utils
          - nifi-hadoop-utils
          - nifi-record-utils
                - nifi-standard-record-utils
                - nifi-avro-record-utils
                - nifi-hadoop-record-utils

Going forward the goal would be for nifi-commons to be independent of
anything in nifi-nar-bundles.

After rebasing you may have the residual projects still under
nifi-commons and will want to clean up appropriately. "git clean -dn"
will dry run the clean and then "git clean -df" will delete it.

Thanks,

Bryan

Re: nifi-extension-utils

Posted by Jeff <jt...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for doing this, Bryan.

As part of the PR for NIFI-1833 (Azure Storage Blob processors), I've moved
AbstractListProcessor (and some supporting classes) into
nifi-commons/nifi-processor-utils, and had to rebase for this change.  It
was a pretty simple process.  If anyone else needs help if/when they are
affected by this, I'd be happy to lend a hand.  The rebase pretty much did
all the heavy lifting, I just had to manually move the files to the new
location for nifi-processor-utils before doing the "git clean -df".

- Jeff