Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kevin Wang <kn...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/11/13 18:13:01 UTC

Can I use action path instead of form name in
in validation.xml?

I can't use the form names  because in our application all the forms are by
the same session attribute.
I read from somewhere that I can do something like,

<formset>
      <form name="/logonaction">
      </form>
</formset>

But I haven't been successful...Please advice, Thanks!

Kevin

RE: Can I use action path instead of form name in in validation.xml?

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
You will also need to set the 'type' attribute value in the form-bean
element of the struts-config file to

org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorActionForm (or a subclass thereof)

robert

Posted by Kevin Wang <kn...@us.ibm.com>.

Thanks Robert! Right now my forms are extending ActionForm. Can I just make
them extend DynaValidatorActionForm without changing anything else? What do
I need to change if I do need to?

Kevin

                      "Robert Taylor"
                      <rtaylor@mulework        To:       "Struts Users Mailing List" <st...@jakarta.apache.org>