Posted to announcements@xml.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2000/02/24 15:42:57 UTC

[ANN] Cocoon 1.7

The Cocoon project is very happy to announce the availability of the new
Cocoon release that you can get at the usual location

 http://xml.apache.org/dist

it now comes in both zip and tar.gz formats.

 <release version="1.7" date="February 24, 2000">
  <action dev="SM" type="update">
    Fixed docs creation problem due to an XSLT problem that appeared
after
    updating Xalan.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="update">
    Cocoon2 docs update. Talks a little about the sitemap, it also gives
    a sneak preview of the new Cocoon logo.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="update">
    Updated Xalan to 0.19.4 and FOP to 0.12.1. Xalan is much faster and
less
    memory consuming. Great job guys!
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
    Improved memory management and OutOfMemory handling. Now should work
    out of the box on all systems with no problems.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
    Improved cache system and fixed bugs in previous stylesheet updating
patch.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix" due-to="Mike Engelhart"
due-to-email="mengelhart@earthtrip.com">
    Fixed problem with XSP initializing new sessions every time.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix" due-to="Sean Timm"
due-to-email="STimm@mailgo.com">
    Fixed problems in stylesheet updating.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
    Added index.html file to simplify installation by allowing a central
    point for aliasing that gives access to all web accessible
resources.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
    Futher installation cleanup.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
    Patched memory usage and tested under heavy load.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
    Fixed installation instructions to make it easier for newbies to get
    going. Anyway, if you still find it hard, help us instead of
complaining :)
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
    Patched build system with Ant upgrades. Now it is possible to build
    Cocoon even if not all the used packages are present, this because
some
    of the compilation targets will react on class presence and skip
themselves.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="add">
    Added library with all the required jar files for ease of
installation.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="remove">
    Leave DCP out in configurations by default. Now DCP is considered
obsolete
    and will be removed in future versions.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="remove">
    Removed ProducerFromMap.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="remove">
    Removed the need for the URLFactory (which caused troubles with
Weblogic).
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="add" due-to="Philippe Lavoie"
due-to-email="philippe.lavoie@cactus.ca">
    Added infrastructure document.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
    Fixed problem with xml parser performing validation but nobody
catching the
    validation errors triggered. Now if validation is turned on, an
invalid
    document throws an exception at parse time.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix" due-to="Ingo Macherius"
due-to-email="macherius@darmstadt.gmd.de">
    Fixed problem with classloader not finding EcmaScript initialization
file.
  </action>

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: [ANN] Cocoon 1.7

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Ken MacLeod wrote:
> >
> > Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> writes:
> >
> > > The Cocoon project is very happy to announce the availability of the new
> > > Cocoon release that you can get at the usual location
> >
> > >  <release version="1.7" date="February 24, 2000">
> > >   <action dev="SM" type="update">
> > >     Fixed docs creation problem due to an XSLT problem that appeared
> > > after
> > >     updating Xalan.
> > >   </action>
> >
> > Are there DTD, docs, and/or tools for this <release> doctype?  I'd
> > like to use this on some other projects.
>
> Of course. Download cocoon and you'll find DTDs for almost everything an
> open source project needs.

except bug tracking. bug tracking would be good. we'll get there.

- donald

Re: [ANN] Cocoon 1.7

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Re: [ANN] Cocoon 1.7

Posted by Ken MacLeod <ke...@bitsko.slc.ut.us>.
Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> writes:

> The Cocoon project is very happy to announce the availability of the new
> Cocoon release that you can get at the usual location

>  <release version="1.7" date="February 24, 2000">
>   <action dev="SM" type="update">
>     Fixed docs creation problem due to an XSLT problem that appeared
> after
>     updating Xalan.
>   </action>

Are there DTD, docs, and/or tools for this <release> doctype?  I'd
like to use this on some other projects.

Thanks,

  -- Ken