Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Narayanan, Shiva" <Sh...@harley-davidson.com> on 2006/01/29 22:39:02 UTC

Action class design for similar forms with different input fields?

Hello,

Following tables are present in our database. We have mapped these tables to model classes using hibernate where the
model class for table 2 is a collection in model1 class.

Table 1
Part_Id - int identity (10) - Primary key
Part_Code - Char (10)
Part_Name - Varchar (50)

Table 2
Sequence_Id - int identity (10) - Primary key
Part_Id - int(10) - Foreign key -->Table1.Part_Id
Replacing_Part_Id - int(10) - Foreign key-->Table1.Part_Id

Our UI will look a wizard where the user will enter the part information(2 text boxes) in the first screen, then click the
next button to go to the second screen, where he will add a list of replacing parts to a select box(from another
select box) and click submit.

There is also super user screen where the super user can enter both the part information(two text boxes)
and the replacing parts(text area - several part codes delimited by some character) in a single screen.

How do we design reusable action forms and action classes(possibly a super action class and a sub action class) to meet these criteria?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Re: Action class design for similar forms with different input fields?

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com>.
Narayanan, Shiva wrote:
> How do we design reusable action forms and action classes(possibly a super action class and a sub action class) to meet these criteria?

You give me another Harley and I'll do your work for you--I miss my old one.

Dave