Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andy Kriger <an...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/18 23:00:53 UTC

undeploy/deploy problem

I am running Tomcat 5.5.x on Solaris 9.x with Java 1.4.x

I use an Ant script to deploy my WAR file to Tomcat - it builds a WAR,
undeploys the existing webapp, and deploys the WAR. Usually this works
fine. However, often enough to big a major annoyance, it doesn't work
- the webapp undeploys (according to the Ant output) but the WAR
cannot deploy because the directories have not been deleted.
Sometimes, I can fix this by manually deleteing the webapps/webapp,
conf/Catalina/localhost/webapp.xml and work/Catalina/localhost/webapp
directories, sometimes I cannot (if I refresh the manager list,
sometimes the webapp disappears, sometimes not). When that doesn't
work, I have to restart Tomcat.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on here and how I might
track down the problem?

thx
andy