Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Gautham Acharya <ga...@alleninstitute.org> on 2019/11/15 19:41:12 UTC

Getting single version using HappyBase

We currently have an API layer (using AWS Lambda) that is fetching data from a backend AWS EMR Cluster running Hbase. This API Layer uses HappyBase<https://happybase.readthedocs.io/en/latest/> to connect to the Hbase cluster.

The API fetches some specified rows and columns in a single query. We now have a use case to also fetch a specific version or timestamp.

It looks like the HappyBase API row query has a timestamp parameter, but that gets all values up to the specified timestamp, instead of just that timestamp.

What are some workarounds here? The Java Hbase API allows for fetching a specific version, but I'd prefer if we didn't have to rewrite our entire API from python to Java.

I'm considering using the REST Api - are there significant performance tradeoffs with that?

--gautham