Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com> on 2009/08/04 19:16:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Incubator Shindig version 1.1-BETA2

Hi,

I have prepared shindig-1.1-BETA2-incubating release.  It includes:
* all of the fixes from the withdrawn 1.1-BETA1 non-release (see below)
* PHP implementations of many 0.9 features
* a fixed java zip file without a war file* Correct checksums.  Could
someone else verify?
* Note, sticking with uppercase beta -- if consensus we can switch to lower
case for beta3.

We solved 16 issues
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310741&styleName=Html&version=12314099

Remaining unresolved issues have been moved to 1.1-BETA3

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/shindig-staging-011/

Web site:
http://incubator.apache.org/shindig/

More information about the changes from BETA1 is available here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-shindig-dev/200907.mbox/<
b71cdca90907231103l6379b3f3ic66cda1cf1c48a05@mail.gmail.com>

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Bug

   - [SHINDIG-609 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-609>] - fix
   oauth url parameters
   - [SHINDIG-926 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-926>] -
   XML/ATOM converter failure for appdata REST api
   - [SHINDIG-1026 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1026>] -
   fix signing fetcher warning for empty path
   - [SHINDIG-1068 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1068>] -
   Some tests fail when building with IBM's JVM
   - [SHINDIG-1124 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1124>] -
   Upgrade to caja r3574
   - [SHINDIG-1126 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1126>] -
   Documentation error
   - [SHINDIG-1129 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1129>] -
   Dynamic height is over-calculated for Webkit-based browsers
   - [SHINDIG-1133 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1133>] -
   NullPointerException in RenderingGadgetRewriter
   - [SHINDIG-1134 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1134>] -
   JsonProperty Annotations not working properly for both
   marshalling/unmarshalling

Improvement

   - [SHINDIG-678 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-678>] -
   Autoloader chain
   - [SHINDIG-822 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-822>] -
   Remove caja's dependence on opensocial feature
   - [SHINDIG-855 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-855>] -
   Enum value should be checked if it is empty
   - [SHINDIG-856 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-856>] -
   Defaults to Content@type="html" when omitted
   - [SHINDIG-857 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-857>] -
   public key id param key should be xoauth_public_key
   - [SHINDIG-1107 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1107>] -
   Clean up shindig dependencies
   - [SHINDIG-1135 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1135>] -
   Bump ehcache to 1.6.1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Incubator Shindig version 1.1-BETA2

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.
Doh cancel that, apparently the shared javascript now contains a number of
java specific files (ie: rhino and some shell scripts)

Paul, Vincent: Would it be possible to rm -rf features/bin in the php part
of the packaging? It seems a bit silly to include rhino and it's license if
it's not used.

   -- Chris

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
Hey Paul,

My vote: -1 (IPMC, binding). Mostly due to some legal tidbits.

I've started looking at this release, but, I *really* don't have the
time to look through 100s of artifacts (I imagine much the same is
true for the shindig committers?!?), so I can't +1 all these files. It
would be a lot easier if there were just a few distributions to look
at (1 source, 1 java, 1 php?).

The RAT report seems to be broken:

  http://incubator.apache.org/shindig/shindig-1.1.x/rat-report.html

Looking through

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/shindig-staging-041/org/apache/shindig/shindig/1.1-BETA2-incubating/shindig-1.1-BETA2-incubating-source.tar.gz

I've found two big problems:

  * top-level LICENSE file doesn't contain licenses for all
subcomponents shipped in the distro (for example: rhino)
  * top-level LICENSE file doesn't contain notices for all
subcomponents shipped in the distro (for example: zend)

That's enough for me to give this release a -1. Please make sure the
top-level NOTICE and LICENSE files contain all the notices and license
information for everything contained in the distribution archive.

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/shindig-staging-041/org/apache/shindig/shindig/1.1-BETA2-incubating/shindig-1.1-BETA2-incubating-php.tar.gz

has a similar problem -- it ships rhino but the MPL and such are not
in the top-level NOTICE/LICENSE files. Please fix.

Other more minor nits...

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/shindig-staging-041/org/apache/shindig/shindig/1.1-BETA2-incubating/shindig-1.1-BETA2-incubating-java.tar.gz

the LICENSE file has the boilerplate

    The Apache Shindig distribution includes a number of subcomponents
    with separate copyright notices and license terms. Your use of the
    code for the these subcomponents is subject to the terms and
    conditions of the following licenses.

but then there are no following licenses. Might as well remove that notice.

  etc/check_staged_release.sh

in the source release has no license header.

cheers,

- Leo

--
cheers,

Leo Simons
--
http://lsimons.wordpress.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Incubator Shindig version 1.1-BETA2

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
Hey Paul,

--
cheers,

Leo Simons
--
http://lsimons.wordpress.com/

[VOTE] Release Apache Incubator Shindig version 1.1-BETA2

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.
Great!
With my +1 I believe we now have a successful vote.

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.
The staging URL is

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.
+1

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com>.

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
committed at shindig-1.1.x/etc/check_staged_release.sh
to use
sh check_staged_release.sh 011
at the moment it only check signatures, not the contents of the
artifacts.
Ian

On 7 Aug 2009, at 09:04, Ian Boston wrote:

> BTW,
> there is a script at [1] used by Sling for checking signatures from
> staging, would need some minor mods for Shindig, should I bring it
> in to shindig svn and adjust ?
>
> Ian
>
> 1 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
>
> On 6 Aug 2009, at 13:06, Vincent Siveton wrote:
>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> 2009/8/5 Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>:
>>> Hi Vincent, I believe I identified the problem.  One needs to use
>>> -Papache-release instead of -Prelease.  This generates the
>>> signatures, adds
>>
>> I updated pom to be sure to use the parent configuration.
>> I also fixed samples pom.
>>
>>> the javadoc jars etc.
>>> The new staging repo is here:
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/shindig-staging-016/
>>
>> I tried to verify the checksum for jar, and they are wrong:
>> #sha1sum shindig-common-1.1-BETA2-incubating.jar
>> 1c2d59ce6c453f8bb1d255169bdfbf8df6a30e30
>> *shindig-common-1.1-BETA2-incubating.jar
>> #more shindig-common-1.1-BETA2-incubating.jar.sha1
>> 4b9ff114f653eb48ed8c2ff9a43e4c81d2c952f8
>>
>> #openssl dgst -md5 shindig-common-1.1-BETA2-incubating.jar
>> MD5(shindig-common-1.1-BETA2-incubating.jar)=
>> 7fc0bee0f4df931f1a95fd9d6342b703
>> #more shindig-common-1.1-BETA2-incubating.jar.md5
>> 34b9f53df2503ef6f806420b13a4072c
>>

>>> There are issues with GPG signing:
>>>
>>> [INFO] gpg: WARNING: "--no-use-agent" is an obsolete option - it
>>> has no
>>> effect
>>>
>>> I activated gpg-agent to sign the artifacts
>>
>> gpg.useAgent doesn't work
>> http://wiki.apache.org/portals/FrontPage/HowtoUseNexusForRelease
>>

>>> Also, I saw some of this:
>>>
>>> [INFO] 2248K uploaded
>>> (shindig-1.1-BETA2-incubating-20090805.182435-1-source.tar.bz2)
>>> [INFO] [INFO] Retrieving previous build number from
>>> apache.snapshots.https

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
BTW,

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org>.