Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Dean Bruhn <de...@artisnotcrime.com> on 2013/07/19 18:56:56 UTC

Windows Licensing

How are the people dealing with Windows Licensing for their user base on non hyper-v systems? My research is SPLA licensing, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any insight.

- Dean

Re: Windows Licensing

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.
Windows licensing is per guest, as if they were physical instances. An
enterprise would want to do KMS activations,  and just true up with Ms at
the end of the year.

Regards,

Kirk Jantzer
http://about.me/kirkjantzer