Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Arun M <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/12 06:35:17 UTC

Hardware requirements for Tomcat

Hi All,

I need to know the hardware requirements in CentOS for hosting a website
which have 1000 concurrent users.
I am using Tomcat 5.5, Mysql 5.1 and Java1.5.

We are planning to host two servers one for application server and other for
database server.
What should be hardware requirements for Both Servers like RAM, Harddisk,
Max Processors etc.,

Thanks in Advance

Re: Hardware requirements for Tomcat

Posted by ib solution <ib...@gmail.com>.
hai,

> "Model it and measure". Though, be critical of your measurements, too.
> I've been involved in a case where the developers were claiming that an
> application running on a two-machine cluster with 2GB JVM heaps on each
> machine did require at least 4GB heap/machine. After proper
> investigation, a memory leak in the application server (not Tomcat) was
> found, and eventually corrected by the server vendor. After the
> correction, the JVM heaps were lowered to 1GB/machine, and most possibly
> could be lowered even further.

what software that can test memory leak ?

--
TIA,

Andy Susanto,S.Kom
for better search
http://www.slashmysearch.com/earn/id/24828
HP : 081513039998

Posted by Juha Laiho <Ju...@iki.fi>.
Arun M wrote:
> I need to know the hardware requirements in CentOS for hosting a website
> which have 1000 concurrent users.
> I am using Tomcat 5.5, Mysql 5.1 and Java1.5.

That depends a lot more on your application and usage patterns than on
the OS/application server/database server.

> We are planning to host two servers one for application server and other for
> database server.

That's a good basic division.