Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Simon Zeng <sz...@7thonline.com> on 2004/09/30 18:30:30 UTC

problems with apache/tomcat

Hello,

This has gradually become a nightmare here. So I turned to here  for help.

We are 24 X 7 service provider and using apache/tomcat as our application
server.

We have one apache and 3 tomcat in a clutering/load balancing environment.

Very frequently, we saw exceptions like
    "java.io.StreamCorruptedException: InputStream does not contain a
serialized object",
    "java.io.EOFException at
java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:153)"
    "java.io.StreamCorruptedException: Caught EOFException while reading the
stream header
	at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:840)"

There happens a lot while we have more and more users in the system.
Literally, we understand what's exceptions are (or we thought we know). We
did research online. Someone said it could because of network/load issue.
But it does not always seem to be the case here. We also check our
application and it doesn't seem there is any issue (that we can find). We
are wondering if there are any settings on tomcat or apache can help to
solove or allievate the issue.

Second issue is that our apache does not always dispatch messages to tomcat
instances correctly. It takes long time for it to find a tomcat instance
(which was brought down) in the cluster is brought back again. Is this a bug
in apache/tomcat?

If anyone has experience on any of them and would like to share your
solution and/or point me to the right place to find solution, we would
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Simon