Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Trevor Brown <tb...@securityfirstcorp.com> on 2015/12/07 22:26:29 UTC

web.xml not being used?

I've been working with Felix HTTP (3.0 if it makes a difference) deployed
under Knopflerfish, and I'm finding that the web.xml files in my web app
bundles are not being used. I recently tried to set up security, for
instance, on one and was unable to affect the configuration at all using
web.xml.

Is this expected behavior? Or should I be investigating this as a possible
bug?

Regards,
Trevor Brown

Re: web.xml not being used?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Trevor Brown wrote
> I pulled the felix sources early on to try and solve this for myself, and the code is definitely there to do it. I am using the Web-ContextPath directive in the bundle manifest, which is indeed required. Static content is being served out properly, but any filters, servlets, security, or other parameters in the web.xml are being ignored.

That sounds like a bug to me.

Regards
Carsten
> Thanks,
> Trevor

Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland
cziegeler@apache.org

RE: web.xml not being used?

Posted by Trevor Brown <tb...@securityfirstcorp.com>.

Re: web.xml not being used?

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi

Re: web.xml not being used?

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

yes Pax-Web does provide the full stack, HttpService WhiteBoard and
WebExtender.

Sorry for advertising ...

regards, Achim

> the Felix Http implementation does not support webapp bundles. In order
> to get them working you would need to install a bundle adding the webapp
> support.
> I'm not familiar with this area, but I'm sure there is some open source
> implementation for this.
>
> Regards
> Carsten
>
> Trevor Brown wrote
> > I've been working with Felix HTTP (3.0 if it makes a difference) deployed
> > under Knopflerfish, and I'm finding that the web.xml files in my web app
> > bundles are not being used. I recently tried to set up security, for
> > instance, on one and was unable to affect the configuration at all using
> > web.xml.
> >
> > Is this expected behavior? Or should I be investigating this as a
> possible
> > bug?
> >

> > Regards,
> > Trevor Brown