Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2005/09/27 15:31:33 UTC

[Axis2] Why does 0.92 upgrade make my .aar files invalid?

Upgrading to 0.92 has made all my service declaration files -including
version.aar invalid-.

1212 INFO  org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine  - adding new module
1212 INFO  org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine  - Deploying
module : addressing
1215 INFO  org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine  - Invalid
service  CVS
1220 INFO  org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine  - Invalid
service  version.aar
1224 INFO  org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine  - Invalid
service  system.aar
1235 INFO  org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine  - Invalid
service  portal.aar

1. what has changed?

2. why are they invalid. Or to be precise, why are there no hints that
anything is wrong.

I suspect the service group update may have caused this problem, because
the docs dont hint about anything changing in how services are defined.

Re: [Axis2] Why does 0.92 upgrade make my .aar files invalid?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Ruchith Fernando wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Your guess is correct. The change was due to the introduction of
> service groups and the 'service.xml' file was renamed to
> 'services.xml'. When you have only one service in the service archive
> the syntax is the same as earlier. Please try renaming the file.
>
> Thanks,
> Ruchith

you know, this it the kind of thing worth mentioning in release notes.

Re: [Axis2] Why does 0.92 upgrade make my .aar files invalid?

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Ruchith

Re: [Axis2] Why does 0.92 upgrade make my .aar files invalid?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
> If you have deploy your service inside tomcat (or an application server)
> please goto axis2 page
> (localhost:8080/axis2) and goto listservice page there you can be able
> to see your faulty services , and if you click on it you will be able to
> see the deploy time error, it will give you the full stack trace so that
> you can figure out the problem.

aah, you see that relies on jsp working, and I am doing very-lightweight
installs.

Re: [Axis2] Why does 0.92 upgrade make my .aar files invalid?

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
If you have deploy your service inside tomcat (or an application server)
please goto axis2 page
(localhost:8080/axis2) and goto listservice page there you can be able to
see your faulty services , and if you click on it you will be able to see
the deploy time error, it will give you the full stack trace so that you can
figure out the problem.

Thanks,
 Deepal
~Future is Open~

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
I fixed that , improved log messages to have deployment error too , any way
if you goto listservice it will display the deploy time errors (full stack
trace)

Thanks,
 Deepal
~Future is Open~

Re: [axis2] Fault info (was Re: [Axis2] Why does 0.92 upgrade make my .aar files invalid?)

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Glen Daniels wrote:
> Sanjiva says:
>
>> +1 for logging a more detailed error saying "services.xml" is not found.
>

> +1... which reminds me:
>
> In general, I've noticed a lot of this kind of stuff:
>
> String thing = lookupThingByQName(qname);
> if (thing == null) {
>    throw new Exception("Thing not found!");
> }
>
> We should include as much information as possible for failure, so this
> is much better:
>
> String thing = lookupThingByQName(qname);
> if (thing == null) {
>    throw new Exception("Thing not found for qname '" + qname + "'!");
> }
>
> Please make fault messages as complete as possible as you go.  Thanks!
>
> --Glen

or better yeat

  lookupThingByQnameFaulting(Qname thing)

with the faulting factored out

[axis2] Fault info (was Re: [Axis2] Why does 0.92 upgrade make my .aar files invalid?)

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Sanjiva says:

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.