Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ASIYA LABARAN <a_...@yahoo.com> on 2012/09/28 19:03:18 UTC

Having web app deployment

hello,

I am trying to use tomcat server to deploy a webapp called mifos mfi. I created a folder in the C: (root folder) where i unzipped
the tomcat server 6.0.35, created environment variables as required, placed the mfi folder there, installed a jdk and set up its environment variables as required, copied the mifos.war file into the webapps folder.

After starting the server, i cannot get my app running using the http://localhost:8080/mifos. I get the error message: The resource requested is not available.

Please help.

Re: Having web app deployment

Posted by ASIYA LABARAN <a_...@yahoo.com>.
Chris,

What was the name of the folder? When you unzipped Tomcat, what folder
did it go into (example: C:\Tomcat\Apache Tomcat 6.0.35)?
>> C:\MifosInstall\Tomcat\Apache Tomcat 6.0.35

Specifically, which environment variables did you set, and what were
their values?

JAVA_HOME
value:  C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_07

CATALINA_HOME
value: C:\Mifos Install\apache-tomcat-6.0.35-windows-x64\apache-tomcat-6.0.35

CATALINA_OPTS
value: -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

MIFOS_CONF
C:\Mifos Install\mifos-v2.4.1\config

Specifically, where did you put the "mfi" folder?
C:\Mifos Install\

So you have a mfi folder somewhere plus CATALINA_BASE/webapps/mfios.war?
yes, that folder held all the configuration files for the web app.

How did you launch Tomcat?
I double clicked the startup.bat inside 'CATALINA_HOME/bin/' folder.

Any ideas?
Asiya.

________________________________
Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Having web app deployment

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
ASIYA LABARAN wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am trying to use tomcat server to deploy a webapp called mifos mfi. I created a folder in the C: (root folder) where i unzipped
> the tomcat server 6.0.35, created environment variables as required, placed the mfi folder there, installed a jdk and set up its environment variables as required, copied the mifos.war file into the webapps folder.
>
> After starting the server, i cannot get my app running using the http://localhost:8080/mifos. I get the error message: The resource requested is not available.

The good news is that Tomcat seems to be running.
For the rest, what do the logs say ?
Look in the (tomcat-dir)/logs folder.