Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2012/12/20 14:57:18 UTC

Releasing 1.4-M4

Hi,
I'd like to release 1.4-M4.
A bit late for xmas now :-).
But early next year.

Any issue ?

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: Releasing 1.4-M4

Posted by Brent Atkinson <br...@gmail.com>.
I agree with you Brett, that approach is probably the best balance. It
allows fine granularity permissions on the application side, the ability to
manage from the directory side, and it won't require specific schema in
ldap. This approach is similar as others I have seen and it is generally
well accepted among system oprations folks these days.

Brent

Re: Releasing 1.4-M4

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Apologize for delay (some other stuff to do recently)
Most of ldap mapping is implemented ( ldap group -> n archiva roles).
Can be done via file security.properties (see
http://archiva.apache.org/redback/configuration.html )

ldap.config.groups.class= object class for groups (default: groupOfUniqueNames)
ldap.config.groups.base.dn= basedn for groups, dn with list of groups
( dc=archiva,dc=apache,dc=org ) (if empty default will be
ldap.config.base.dn)
ldap.config.groups.role.*(ldap group)=*(roles) (mapping ldap group -
redback roles comma separated) (example:
ldap.config.groups.role.archiva-admin=Archiva System Administrator,
Foo)
ldap.config.writable=true/false will write datas to ldap (default false)
ldap.config.groups.use.rolename=true/false will create groups in ldap
with default role if no group-role mapping found (default false)
ldap.config.user.attribute= attribute name to use for user (default uid=)

Note the new ldap.config.writable this mean is possible to activate
write to ldap (for groups creation and users)

Now (I hope in the coming days) I will add a ui screen to map groups to n roles.

I'd like to add some changes (but probably for a next release). This
means be able to fully remove the database use as currently the
roles/permissions (redback model) still need a database.

Any comments are welcome :-)

Re: Releasing 1.4-M4

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: Releasing 1.4-M4

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: Releasing 1.4-M4

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Releasing 1.4-M4

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: Releasing 1.4-M4

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: Releasing 1.4-M4

Posted by Sascha Vogt <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Releasing 1.4-M4

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Sounds good. Appreciate the push!

We should probably talk about what is needed to call it 1.4 final after that and narrow the scope to that.

I'll look over the tickets you asked questions of me in over the next couple of days.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Releasing 1.4-M4

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Great.
Note I have added by default cache support for users (now activation
configuration via the ui).
So a bit faster (previously it was off per default and need a manual
change with restart)
I will add dynamic configuration of ttl for users cache and urlCache
failure too (see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-526)

RE: Releasing 1.4-M4