Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com> on 2012/09/07 13:19:04 UTC

Board report

I was just reviewing your board report.

It would be good to see the project set a date for graduation. Will it
be prior to the next board report or aftrer that. It doesn't matter if
you miss the date, there are no "penalties", but I think it is good to
set a goal.

My only other comment is that we really don't care where new
committers are employed. It's not relevant from a community point of
view. There's no harm, but ASF projects tend to ignore affiliations
since everyone is expected to act as an individual anyway.

I've signed off

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: Board report

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
> It would be good to see the project set a date for graduation. Will it
> be prior to the next board report or aftrer that. It doesn't matter if
> you miss the date, there are no "penalties", but I think it is good to
> set a goal.

Agree---will kick up thread on this

> My only other comment is that we really don't care where new
> committers are employed. It's not relevant from a community point of
> view. There's no harm, but ASF projects tend to ignore affiliations
> since everyone is expected to act as an individual anyway.

Understood, my own OCD twitch at work there. While we expect ppl to
think in terms of our larger project goals there's obvious corporate
interest in Cordova and making note of that feels a more transparent
(to me)

Of course this said, completely confident we all want the same thing
as individuals: building kick ass mobile applications with web
technology. =)