Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2015/04/06 18:00:05 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2

> Hi all,
>
> We've worked through the issues identified in Commons Lang 3.4 RC1, so I
> would like to call a vote for releasing Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2.
>
> The changes since RC1 are:
> - Fixed TimeZone related problem in test cases
> - Fixed broken windows OS detection in SystemUtils
> - Added OS X support to SystemUtils
> - Fixed Ant build
> - Added compatibility section to release notes explaining the change to
> the
> org.apache.commons.lang3.time.DurationFormatUtils.ISO_EXTENDED_FORMAT_PATTERN
> constant
>
> Commons Lang 3.4 RC2 is available for review here:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang/ (svn revision 8515)
>
> Maven artifacts are here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1086/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.4/
>

> Details of changes since 3.3.2 are in the release notes:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/changes-report.html
>
> I have tested this with JDK 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 EA using maven 3. Note
> that the site build doesn't work with Java 8 and 9 due to problems with
> Clirr (clirr doesn't work with Java 8+).
>
> The tag is here:
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_3_4_RC2/ (svn
> 1671054)
>
> Site:
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/
>   (note some *relative* links are broken and the 3.4 directories are not
> yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
>
> Clirr Report (compared to 3.3.2):
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/clirr-report.html
>
> RAT Report:
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/rat-report.html
>
> KEYS:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote. This vote will close no
> sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after 15:00 CET 06-April 2015
>
> [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> [ ] +0 OK, but...
> [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

This vote passes with the following votes:

Bruno P. Kinoshita: +1 (non-binding)
Sergio Fernández: +1 (non-binding)
Duncan Jones: +0 (non-binding)
Oliver Heger: +1 (binding)
Gary Gregory: +1 (binding)
Jörg Schaible: +1 (binding)
Benedikt Ritter: +1 (binding)

I'll proceed with the release procedure and send the announcement once the
release has been mirrored.

Thanks to all who reviewed this and the first RC.

Benedikt