Posted to wsif-dev@ws.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2004/11/16 02:57:07 UTC

Re: WSIF 2.0 and WSDL4J 1.4

what version did you try? the version in CVS builds OK with
wsdl4j-20030807.jar and axis-1_2RC1.jar - i am not sure when was WSDL4J
1.4  released?

thanks,

alek

Rhett.DeWall@sybase.com wrote:

>After moving to AXIS 1.1, which includes WSDL4J 1.4, WSIF will no longer
>build due to the following errors.  Is a release of WSIF available that
>takes this into account?
>
>    [javac]     79. public class AuthenticatingProxyWSDLLocatorImpl
>implements j
>avax.wsdl.xml.WSDLLocator {
>    [javac]                      ^--------------------------------^
>    [javac] *** Error: The abstract method "org.xml.sax.InputSource
>getBaseInput
>Source();", inherited from type "javax/wsdl/xml/WSDLLocator", is not
>implemented
> in the non-abstract class
>"org/apache/wsif/wsdl/AuthenticatingProxyWSDLLocatorI
>mpl".
>
>    [javac] Found 1 semantic error compiling
>"T:/apps/psesp/src/org/apache/wsif/
>wsdl/WSIFWSDLLocatorImpl.java":
>
>    [javac]     79. public class WSIFWSDLLocatorImpl implements
>javax.wsdl.xml.W
>SDLLocator {
>    [javac]                      ^-----------------^
>    [javac] *** Error: The abstract method "org.xml.sax.InputSource
>getBaseInput
>Source();", inherited from type "javax/wsdl/xml/WSDLLocator", is not
>implemented
> in the non-abstract class "org/apache/wsif/wsdl/WSIFWSDLLocatorImpl".
>
>WSDL4J 1.4
>javax.wsdl.xml
>Interface WSDLLocator
>getBaseInputSource
>public org.xml.sax.InputSource getBaseInputSource()
>      Returns an InputSource "pointed at" the base document.

Re: WSIF 2.0 and WSDL4J 1.4

Posted by Rh...@sybase.com.

Thanks Alek.  I look forward to the newest release...

             Aleksander
             Slominski
             <aslom@cs.indiana                                          To
             .edu>                     wsif-user@ws.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             11/16/2004 10:41
                                       Re: WSIF 2.0 and WSDL4J 1.4

             Please respond to
             wsif-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

Rhett.DeWall@sybase.com wrote:

>I think I know where we differ.  I have downloaded the trunk, and it
>already contains fixes to support WSDL4J1.4.  Also, WSDL4J 1.4 is
currently
>included with the trunk distribution, as is xerces 2.2.1.
>
>Is there a pre-built WSIF 2.0+ that is available with these fixes?  If
not,
>and I choose to build WSIF 2.0+ in its current form, how stable is it?

very stable - and better working than 2.0 as it has been patched and
tested for a year or so.

>In
>your estimation, would it be risky to progress from 2.0 to 2.0+ (basically
>the most current source) since there have not been any releases or release
>candidates post the 2.0 release of WSIF?

i would like to wait for AXIS 1.2 final release and then put together
WSIF 2.0.1 distribution - i think it should happen in matters of days.

i will be putting in CVS snapshot build of current AXIS 1.2 CVS (and
latest WSDL4J) and see what happens and if there are any new issues.

one other think i tough about to test is WSIF compatibility with JDK 1.5

other suggestions are welcome :)

thanks,

alek

>             Aleksander

>             Slominski

>             <aslom@cs.indiana                                          To

>             .edu>                     wsif-user@ws.apache.org

>                                                                        cc

>             11/16/2004 10:16

>             AM                                                    Subject

>                                       Re: WSIF 2.0 and WSDL4J 1.4

>             Please respond to

>             wsif-user@ws.apac

>                  he.org

>Rhett.DeWall@sybase.com wrote:
>

>>I see that there is a branch named "WSIF_2_0-uses-wsdl4j-1_4-patches."
Is
>>this safe to use?
>>

>you can try this but i would reocmmend trunk
>

>>I am currently building with the following:
>>
>>java version "1.4.2_04"
>>Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05)
>>Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode)
>>
>>Xerces 2.2.1
>>

>i am not sure about xerces version
>
>i will be trying WSDL4J 1.4 or 1.5 and see what happens.
>
>alek
>

>>            Aleksander
>>

>>            Slominski
>>

>>            <aslom@cs.indiana                                          To
>>

>>            .edu>                     wsif-user@ws.apache.org
>>

>>                                                                       cc
>>

>>            11/16/2004 09:34          wsif-dev@ws.apache.org
>>

>>            AM                                                    Subject
>>

>>                                      Re: WSIF 2.0 and WSDL4J 1.4
>>

>>            Please respond to
>>

>>            wsif-user@ws.apac
>>

>>                 he.org

>>what is your JDK and in particular SAX version you use?
>>
>>if you are using the latest version of AXIS and WSDL4J i would suggest
>>to build it from CVS:
>>http://ws.apache.org/wsif/developers/cvs.html
>>
>>thanks,
>>
>>alek
>>
>>Rhett.DeWall@sybase.com wrote:
>>

>>>The following URL is where I got WSDL4J v.1.4.
>>>http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/projects/wsdl4j/
>>>
>>>I see that AXIS 1.2-beta3 uses WSDL4J 1.5, and when I try to compile
>>>against that I receive the following errors:
>>>
>>>(See attached file: build.txt)
>>>
>>>I am building the wsif-2.0 release source, and not source from nightly
>>>builds...

>>>           Aleksander
>>>

>>>           Slominski
>>>

>>>           <aslom@cs.indiana                                          To
>>>

>>>           .edu>                     wsif-user@ws.apache.org
>>>

>>>                                                                      cc
>>>

>>>           11/15/2004 06:57          wsif-dev@ws.apache.org
>>>

>>>           PM                                                    Subject
>>>

>>>                                     Re: WSIF 2.0 and WSDL4J 1.4
>>>

>>>           Please respond to
>>>

>>>           wsif-user@ws.apac
>>>

>>>                he.org

>>>what version did you try? the version in CVS builds OK with
>>>wsdl4j-20030807.jar and axis-1_2RC1.jar - i am not sure when was WSDL4J
>>>1.4  released?
>>>
>>>thanks,
>>>
>>>alek

>>>--
>>>The best way to predict the future is to invent it - Alan Kay
>>>

>>--
>>The best way to predict the future is to invent it - Alan Kay
>>

>--
>The best way to predict the future is to invent it - Alan Kay

Re: WSIF 2.0 and WSDL4J 1.4

Posted by Rh...@sybase.com.

That's not necessary at this point.  I pulled a CVS copy last November.
Has much changed since then?  Also, any inkling as to when AXIS 1.2 will
release?

_________________________________

 Rhett DeWall
 Sybase, Inc.
 Phone:  303/413-4163
 Audix:    261-4163
_________________________________

             Aleksander
             Slominski
             <aslom@cs.indiana                                          To
             .edu>                     wsif-user@ws.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             01/10/2005 01:06
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re: WSIF 2.0 and WSDL4J 1.4

             Please respond to
             wsif-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

Rhett.DeWall@sybase.com wrote:

>Hi Aleksander,
>
>You stated in an email from November, 2004 that a WSIF 2.0.1 release was
>nearly available, however I haven't seen any further indication of this.
>Do you foresee a release becoming available this month?

i was waiting for AXIS 1.2 final but i may just make release now with
current RC and then update for final AXIS 1.2 (when it is available).

how does this sound?

thanks,

alek

> [...]

>>>           11/16/2004 09:34          wsif-dev@ws.apache.org
>>>

>>>           AM                                                    Subject
>>>

>>>                                     Re: WSIF 2.0 and WSDL4J 1.4
>>>

>>>           Please respond to
>>>

>>>           wsif-user@ws.apac
>>>

>>>                he.org

>>>what is your JDK and in particular SAX version you use?
>>>
>>>if you are using the latest version of AXIS and WSDL4J i would suggest
>>>to build it from CVS:
>>>http://ws.apache.org/wsif/developers/cvs.html
>>>
>>>thanks,
>>>
>>>alek

>longer

>>>--
>>>The best way to predict the future is to invent it - Alan Kay
>>>

>>--
>>The best way to predict the future is to invent it - Alan Kay
>>

>--
>The best way to predict the future is to invent it - Alan Kay

WSIF and WSDL4J incompatibilties

Posted by Rh...@sybase.com.
Has this been addressed in a recent WSIF build?

org.apache.wsif.compiler.util.Utils.java

    public static void addAllTypesElements(Definition def, List toList) {
        Types types = def.getTypes();
        if (types != null) {
            Iterator extEleIt =
types.getExtensibilityElements().iterator();
            while (extEleIt.hasNext()) {
                // the unknown extensibility element are wrappers for DOM
elements
                UnknownExtensibilityElement typesElement
=(UnknownExtensibilityElement) extEleIt.next();  // ** See notes
                toList.add(typesElement);
            }
        }

**Notes:
When using wsdl4j.jar that ships with Axis1.2RC2, extElelt.next() returns a
javax.wsdl.extensions.UnknownExtensibilityElement.
When using wsdl4j.jar that ships with Axis1.2RC3, extElelt.next() returns a
com.ibm.wsdl.extensions.schema.SchemaImpl.  This causes a
ClassCastException since SchemaImpl is not an UnknownExtensibilityElement.
(Same is true using the official wsdl4j1.5.1).

Thanks.

             Aleksander
             Slominski
             <aslom@cs.indiana                                          To
             .edu>                     wsif-user@ws.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             01/10/2005 01:06
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re: WSIF 2.0 and WSDL4J 1.4

             Please respond to
             wsif-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

Re: WSIF 2.0 and WSDL4J 1.4

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Re: WSIF 2.0 and WSDL4J 1.4

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
> [...]

>>>                                                                      cc
>>>

>>>           11/15/2004 06:57          wsif-dev@ws.apache.org
>>>

>>>           PM                                                    Subject
>>>

>>>                                     Re: WSIF 2.0 and WSDL4J 1.4
>>>

>>>           Please respond to
>>>

>>>           wsif-user@ws.apac
>>>

>>>                he.org

>>>what version did you try? the version in CVS builds OK with
>>>wsdl4j-20030807.jar and axis-1_2RC1.jar - i am not sure when was WSDL4J
>>>1.4  released?
>>>
>>>thanks,
>>>
>>>alek

>>>--
>>>The best way to predict the future is to invent it - Alan Kay
>>>

>>--
>>The best way to predict the future is to invent it - Alan Kay
>>

>--
>The best way to predict the future is to invent it - Alan Kay

Alek,

I think I know where we differ.  I have downloaded the trunk, and it
already contains fixes to support WSDL4J1.4.  Also, WSDL4J 1.4 is currently
included with the trunk distribution, as is xerces 2.2.1.

Is there a pre-built WSIF 2.0+ that is available with these fixes?  If not,
and I choose to build WSIF 2.0+ in its current form, how stable is it?  In
your estimation, would it be risky to progress from 2.0 to 2.0+ (basically
the most current source) since there have not been any releases or release
candidates post the 2.0 release of WSIF?

Thanks!

Rhett

             Aleksander
             Slominski