Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2005/01/01 02:53:41 UTC

Re: XML editor?

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004, Bruce Lee wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to Forrest (but Wow it's Great!) and XML
> editing, wondering if any of you have opinions re: XML
> editors (No, I'm not just trying to incite a flame
> war, honest). I have just installed nxml-mode in Emacs
> and also downloaded XMLspy.
>
> The latter has already revealed itself as troublesome
> when trying to pick up schema/catalog.xcat (as per the
> suggested workaround on this site). Emacs seems to be
> it's good old self but (being ignorant) I'm not sure
> whether using Relax NG is compatible/sensible with
> Forrest DTD/Schemas?
>
> Does anyone have opinions to share on either of these
> or care to suggest (preferrably free) alternatives
> that work well with Forrest?
>
> Have a great New Year!
>
> And thanks again for your awesome software!!

XXE from xmlmind.com/xmleditor is very good.  It has a stylesheet
(graphical) and XML node modes.  There is a "Forrest doc" plugin to make
editing forrest docs easier in its stylesheet mode. That plugin is
included in the scratchpad directory in forrest 0.6 (see the readme.txt, I
haven't done real docs for it yet), and in the tools directory in 0.7-dev.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal

Re: XML editor?

Posted by Bruce Lee <br...@yahoo.com.au>.
OK, thanks. XXE looks like the ticket for my current
needs. Thanks for the pointer.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com