Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/10 20:33:51 UTC

PostCommit- CI job ? Where it is ?

Hi ZooKeepers,
I am looking for the Post-Commit job, the one that adds that JIRA comment
after we merge a PR.

I would like to understand it and decide whether to drop it or to move it
to Maven.
Personally I don't find much value in that task.

This is my search [1] (I hope that the link works for you)

Enrico

[1]
https://builds.apache.org/job/Zookeeper-trunk-single-thread/search/?q=zookeeper&Jenkins-Crumb=1e1a1d3bbc6a541e903422747a16c759

Re: PostCommit- CI job ? Where it is ?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 12:39 AM Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Il ven 14 giu 2019, 09:17 Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com.invalid> ha
> scritto:
>
> > +1 for dropping it.
> >
> > Enrico, have you created a Jenkins view which gathers all Maven based
> > builds?
> >

> No I don't. I am not an user of such views.
> Feel free to do it.
>
> We should also drop a bunch of disabled jobs, like the one for solaris
>
> We should create a wiki page with the description of every job

The downside is that will get stale very quickly. Why not have the
description in the job itself? "Description" field - it even allows HTML.

I could see general wiki page with background and "job themes".... "don't
do..." or "do ..." type insights.

Patrick

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Maven jobs are looking good now, I disabled the Ant-based precommit job for the master branch.

Andor

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Done.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
I created a new view for Maven builds:

https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/ZooKeeper-Maven/ <https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/ZooKeeper-Maven/>

Posted by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
A big +1 on the wiki page for a short description of the jobs!

And I also lean toward dropping the post-commit job. If it doesn't have
much added value, I don't think we should complicate the commit process.

Regards,
Norbert

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 for dropping it.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@apache.org>.
I see now. This was a job I set up long time ago for my own testing purpose
only; it was not intended to be part of official commit workflow. I am not
sure how this job becomes the official post commit job though. If we have
daily builds (do we) - then probably we don't need this. Though keep it
does not hurt, either. I have no strong preference one way or the other.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Michael

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.