Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Arunkumar Ayyavu <ar...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/03 20:55:22 UTC

Multiple masters and replication between masters?

I'm looking at setting up multiple masters for redundancy (for index
updates). I found the thread in this link
(http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/68ac303ce8425506/multiple_masters_solr_replication_1_4)
discussed this subject more than a year back. Does Solr support such
configuration today?

And does Solr support replication between masters? Otherwise, I'll
have to post the updates to all masters to keep the indexes of masters
in sync. Does SolrCloud address this case? (Please note it is too
early for me to read about SolrCloud as I'm still learning Solr)

Thanks in advance.

--
Arun

Re: Multiple masters and replication between masters?

Posted by Arunkumar Ayyavu <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Otis. That was helpful.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Arun,