Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ghostwolf59 <ma...@commerce.wa.gov.au> on 2014/04/01 07:35:16 UTC

database/users lost after upgrade from archiva 1.3.6 to 2.0.1

Hi,
I have run into a problem when upgrading Archiva 1.3.6 to v2.0.1

Even though I retained the data/database/users directory, archiva fail to
validate accounts.
I have tried this a few times now and the problem is the same.

It's running on tomcat-7.0.42
Starts up nicely and performs the upgrade - everything looks fine in the
logs

However when I try to login as admin it fail to authenticate.
I've tried to reset the password - receive the "password reset" email with
the link (*actually receives a number of emails each time (up to 4 each time
I request a reset) )
Follow the link in the email that takes me to the account password reset
page where I am prompted for a new password.
Enter the new password and then brought to /archiva/index.html#search page
(still not logged on)
Then try to login using the new password but it's again not recognized.

I downloaded the archiva-2.0.1.war that I installed

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

cheers

-----
good @ being sucked @

Re: Aw: database/users lost after upgrade from archiva 1.3.6 to 2.0.1

Posted by ghostwolf59 <ma...@commerce.wa.gov.au>.
sorry about that - just closely linked to both maven and archiva

-----
good @ being sucked @

Aw: database/users lost after upgrade from archiva 1.3.6 to 2.0.1

Posted by Michael-O <19...@gmx.net>.
> Hi,
> I have run into a problem when upgrading Archiva 1.3.6 to v2.0.1
>
> Even though I retained the data/database/users directory, archiva fail to
> validate accounts.
> I have tried this a few times now and the problem is the same.
>
> It's running on tomcat-7.0.42
> Starts up nicely and performs the upgrade - everything looks fine in the
> logs
>
> However when I try to login as admin it fail to authenticate.
> I've tried to reset the password - receive the "password reset" email with
> the link (*actually receives a number of emails each time (up to 4 each time
> I request a reset) )
> Follow the link in the email that takes me to the account password reset
> page where I am prompted for a new password.
> Enter the new password and then brought to /archiva/index.html#search page
> (still not logged on)
> Then try to login using the new password but it's again not recognized.
>
> I downloaded the archiva-2.0.1.war that I installed
>
> Anyone else experiencing this issue?

This is not Archiva support!