Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Eli Yukelzon <re...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/08 11:58:32 UTC

Question about URIDNSBL

Good day.

I've been having some problems with URIDNSBL plugin for Spam Assassin.
One of blocked mail came from emailframer.com .
After investigating issue this came up:

host -t ns emailframer.com
emailframer.com name server ns1.barak.net.il.
emailframer.com name server ns.barak.net.il.

host -t a ns.barak.net.il
ns.barak.net.il has address 212.150.48.169

And this brough me to:

http://www.spamhaus.org/SBL/sbl.lasso?query=SBL22121

The problem is - barak.net.il is one of the MAJOR Israel's ISPs,
and since MANY hosts have NS record matching it, this SBL record
block ALL sites hosted on it.

To solve this problem (temporary ofcourse) i've disabled
NS lookups in the plugin.

What I wanted to know - is this an expected behaviour?
If so - how to handle this situation?

Best regards,

Eli Yukelzon

Re: Question about URIDNSBL

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 5:08:32 AM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> Please complain to Barak that their customer walla.com is sending
> spam.  The problem is not really with SpamHaus but that Barak
> apparently continues to allow walla.com to be mentioned in
> thousands of reported spam (and probably many times that
> unreported).  SpamHaus is simply noting that fact.

For approximately 6000 examples, see:

<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/news.admin.net-abuse.sightings/search?group=news.admin.net-abuse.sightings&q=walla.com&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group>

to search walla.com on Usenet newsgroup
news.admin.net-abuse.sightings