Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/09/27 22:44:47 UTC

Almost ready to release Event

I have two "How-Tos" left to write: one for MPool and one for the Event
classes (i.e. Queues).  Once I am done with the documentation changes,
I would like to get this piece out the door.  If anyone has any more
things that need to be done (like JavaDocs), then speak up.  Once we
get it resolved, Event 1.0 will be out the door.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Almost ready to release Event

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 19:52, Peter Donald wrote:
>
>>I have done most of the thread stuff. Implemented a MPool ThreadPool (yet
>>to commit) and in process of writing unit tests.
>>
>>One thing though. Should we decouple from excalibur.collections completely
>>and just place the three needed classes into mpool.collections (or
>>something). That way when collections migrates to commons we will not be
>>relying on deprecated code.
>

> Same with the one class from Concurrent

With collections, I have been trying to get them to release.  What we
can do is create a snapshot of the CVS so we can migrate early.  Now,
for concurrent, I have been meaning to implement the monitors and such
directly so we don't need Concurrent.  Another approach of course is
to use Doug Lea's stuff immediately.  That would remove the necessity
of Avalon Concurrent.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Almost ready to release Event

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 06:44, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I have two "How-Tos" left to write: one for MPool and one for the Event
> classes (i.e. Queues).  Once I am done with the documentation changes,
> I would like to get this piece out the door.  If anyone has any more
> things that need to be done (like JavaDocs), then speak up.  Once we
> get it resolved, Event 1.0 will be out the door.

Once the thread migration is done then should be good to go.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
The big mistake that men make is that when they turn thirteen or fourteen and
all of a sudden they've reached puberty, they believe that they like women.
Actually, you're just horny. It doesn't mean you like women any more at
twenty-one than you did at ten.                --Jules Feiffer (cartoonist)