Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Kai-Uwe Rommel <ro...@ars.de> on 1999/02/04 13:36:30 UTC

mod_proxy/3830: What are the equivalents to the CERN proxy server's Pass and Fail directives?

>Number:         3830
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       What are the equivalents to the CERN proxy server's Pass and Fail directives?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Apache 1.3.4 works quite well on OS/2 here as a proxy server. We have
used CERN derivates until now (Lotus Go and Domino) that provided the "Pass"
and "Fail" configuration directives. Using these, it was possible to configure
the proxy so that certain URL types (such as "ftp:*") or certain URL
patterns (such as "http:*.zip") could be blocked from being retrieved over
that proxy ("Fail ftp:*" and "Fail http:*.zip" and so on).

I cannot find a equivalent configuration directive for Apache. How is something
like that done? I would like to be able to block our proxy users from
downloading files over that proxy at least to some degree (bandwidth issues).