Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2014/02/21 16:59:43 UTC

ASF svn server certficate + svn client

All,

I just tried to do an 'svn up' for tcnative and I got this response:

$ svn up
Updating '.':
Error validating server certificate for 'https://svn.apache.org:443':
 - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
Certificate information:
 - Hostname: *.apache.org
 - Valid: from Feb  7 00:00:00 2014 GMT until Apr  7 23:59:59 2016 GMT
 - Issuer: Thawte, Inc., US
 - Fingerprint: DD:73:02:E6:4F:9E:FC:48:82:CC:61:68:F6:98:F0:AA:66:43:84:78
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently?

Is this just a problem with Subversion? I notice that the cert is a
wildcard cert but the error is about the CA. Am I missing something?

I use brew to install recent svn versions onto Mac OS X Mavericks, and I
made sure I was using the latest svn version available via brew. Firefox
seems happy, so I suspect it's just a missing CA intermediate
certificate or something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-chris

Re: ASF svn server certficate + svn client

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
>> Sebb,
>>
>> On 2/21/14, 11:09 AM, sebb wrote:
>>> The certs were changed recently. The new fingerprints should be on the
>>> infra website somewhere.
>>>
>>> A quick search found the outdated details for svn.apache.org:
>>>
>>> http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#cert
>>>

> As the above page says,
> "However, Subversion, by default, does not currently ship with a list
> of trusted CAs.".

Also ""Error validating server certificate" errors"  section further
on that page says how to install the CA certificate. I have not ever
tried that, though.
http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#no-trusted-root-cert

>>> The uptodate list seems to be here:
>>>
>>> http://www.apache.org/dev/machines.html#ssl-keys
>>
>> Yeah, I could see that the cert was new as of a few days ago. I was
>> mostly wondering how to tell my svn client about whatever cert chain (or
>> portion thereof) is missing.
>>

> The easy way is to type "p" in that dialog.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: ASF svn server certficate + svn client

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Sebb,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21 February 2014 16:09, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The certs were changed recently. The new fingerprints should be on the
> infra website somewhere.
>
> A quick search found the outdated details for svn.apache.org:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#cert

I've updated the details.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.