Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2007/08/28 11:22:43 UTC

Re: Bouncing emails from certain countries

jidanni writes:
> http://joi.ito.com/archives/2007/08/02/my_email_not_good_enough_for_you.html
>
> ...it's because the email is from an Asian ...
> .. get my IP address added to some white-list ...
>
> The comment I wanted to add is:
> That's right, tell them to put me on the
> white-(person-yes-just-like-them,-but-living-in-gasp--asia)-list, so let
> my mail through.
>
> However my browser can't handle the high class captcha on the blog, so
> I couldn't reply there.

I mailed Joi directly but never got a reply.

http://joi.ito.com/archives/2007/08/02/my_email_not_good_enough_for_you.html#c377788
sounds like it's more accurate as to the likely cause of most of the
problems... TVD_RCVD_IP=1.931, RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO=2.067,
HELO_DYNAMIC_SPLIT_IP=3.493, HELO_DYNAMIC_IPADDR2=4.395 all add up to a hefty
score.

--j.