Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Dan Bachelder <ch...@chowda.net> on 2001/10/03 16:51:30 UTC

torque outside turbine

following the examples in "torque outside turbine - detailed example (long)" from last month on this list.

I had generated my OM from the torque that is available for DL from the turbine site.. the jar says 1.0... when I got around to initing Torque i realized there was no .init(String) method... so I got torque from CVS and build that... now, it does have .init(String)... woo.. anyway, my question, am I okay using the OM that I generated with the other version or should i go back and recreate it? I noticed the jar is almost double the size... not sure why 2 jars labeled 1.0 are so different... can anyone tell me what is going on?

</dan>

Re: torque outside turbine

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 10/3/01 10:51 AM, "Dan Bachelder" <ch...@chowda.net> wrote:

> following the examples in "torque outside turbine - detailed example (long)"
> from last month on this list.
>
> I had generated my OM from the torque that is available for DL from the
> turbine site.. the jar says 1.0... when I got around to initing Torque i
> realized there was no .init(String) method... so I got torque from CVS and
> build that... now, it does have .init(String)... woo.. anyway, my question, am
> I okay using the OM that I generated with the other version or should i go
> back and recreate it? I noticed the jar is almost double the size... not sure
> why 2 jars labeled 1.0 are so different... can anyone tell me what is going
> on?

I probably shouldn't have called it 1.0. The decoupled Torque has not been
released and it is still use at your own risk. The size difference is due to
the packaging of the templates in the JAR. The torque templates can be
accessed from within JAR with some recent changes to Texen.

> </dan>

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org