Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/23 21:19:47 UTC

[SITE] Link to board meeting minutes for podling acceptance/graduation

Just wondering whether it would be useful to add a link to the board
minutes that establish podlings and create TLPs?

So for example, Libcloud was established in [1]; this could be added
to podlings.xml and added as a link in "Start Date" column in the list
of podlings [2].

Similarly for graduated TLP podlings, the "End Date" could be a link
to the minutes that established the TLP.

These be optional fields (probably tags, as the attribute list is
getting rather long).

The acceptance link could eventually be mandatory if required, but not
all podlings graduate or graduate to a TLP.

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2011/board_minutes_2011_05_19.txt
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html

Re: [SITE] Link to board meeting minutes for podling acceptance/graduation

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Useful, but a difficult workflow (assuming the minutes still lag the
meetings by a long way - seems true as the last 3 meetings aren't on
the site yet).

Conjecture, but I would guess that the project finish graduation
before the minutes are published. This means that the Podling members
are no longer interested in the Incubator by the time the link is
available. The Incubator PMC could do it, but I suspect no one is
interested in the ex-podling by that point.

Hen

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 November 2011 21:36, Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
> +1 to any of sebb's ideas.  Making it easier to find this kind of historical
> stuff would be great.
>
> Also see (manually maintained after board meetings):
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/board-meeting-history.csv
>
> Most of which probably doesn't have to be private, but needs thought to see
> if it really could be fully public.

If it only contains data that is in the published board meetings, I
don't see why it should not be public.

Of course if it is generated from the pre-publication versions, there
might possibly be a reference to some private info.

Also, the comments field is not directly derived from the public minutes.

==

I'd like to also capture PMC chair changes.

I guess this discussion probably now belongs more on site-dev?

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 November 2011 20:29, Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> sebb wrote on Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 20:19:47 +0000:
>> Just wondering whether it would be useful to add a link to the board
>> minutes that establish podlings
>
> The IPMC creates podlings.

Doh!

[Sorry, brian farted!]

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> sebb wrote:
> >
> > Just wondering whether it would be useful to add a link to the board
> > minutes that establish podlings
>
> The IPMC creates podlings.

Could link to the mail-archives for the result of the "acceptance" vote.

-David

Re: [SITE] Link to board meeting minutes for podling acceptance/graduation

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
sebb wrote on Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 20:19:47 +0000:
> Just wondering whether it would be useful to add a link to the board
> minutes that establish podlings

The IPMC creates podlings.

> and create TLPs?

+1