Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tom Kreiner <to...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/20 01:04:46 UTC

Apache 1.3.23 and Tomcat 4.0.3 - mod_webapp not working

I just installed Apache 1.3.23 and Tomcat 4.0.3 and each one individually
seems to be working just fine. I then attempted the installation of the
mod_webapp module. The installation appears to have run smoothly. I copied
the mod_webapp.so file into /usr/local/apache_1.3.23/libexec directory.

I have added the following lines in their respective places:

LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c

In my <VirtualHost _default_:*> section, I have added the following lines:

WebAppConnection webapp_conn warp localhost:8008
WebAppInfo /webapp-info
WebAppDeploy myapp webapp_conn /myapp

Apache starts up with out any errors. However, when I go to
http://myservername/myapp, I get a page not found error.

Any suggestions of where I should look? I know that the webapp works fine
because I can load it if I go to http://myservername:8080/myapp. I know that
Tomcat warp is listening on port 8008. The firewall on this box has been
disabled. Is there something that needs to be configured in Tomcat for this
all to work?

Tom Kreiner