Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Bhuvnesh Chaudhary <bc...@pivotal.io> on 2016/06/15 00:16:43 UTC

Adding repo in repoinfo.xml

Hi,

I am trying to add a repo in repoinfo.xml on Ambari 2.4, however it does
not show up on UI during install cluster wizard page.

I believe with Ambari 2.2, if a repo exists exists in repoinfo.xml, it will
show up on UI during Install Wizard page where stack version is selected.
However with Ambari 2.4, it is not showing up the repo on UI.

Example: HDP/2.5/repos/repoinfo.xml
If from the below repoinfo.xml i remove the latest tag, it shows the HDB
repo on UI during fresh install wizard, otherwise it just shows HDP and
HDP-UTILS repo.

<reposinfo>
  <latest>http://s3.amazonaws.com/dev.hortonworks.com/HDP/hdp_urlinfo.json
</latest>
  <os family="redhat6">
    <repo>
      <baseurl>
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dev.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/2.x/updates/2.5.0.0
</baseurl>
      <repoid>HDP-2.5</repoid>
      <reponame>HDP</reponame>
    </repo>
    <repo>
      <baseurl>
http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.21/repos/centos6
</baseurl>
      <repoid>HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.21</repoid>
      <reponame>HDP-UTILS</reponame>
    </repo>
*    <repo>*
*      <baseurl>http://c6401.ambari.apache.org/HDB
<http://c6401.ambari.apache.org/HDB></baseurl>*
*      <repoid>HDB</repoid>*
*      <reponame>HDB</reponame>*
*    </repo>*
  </os>
</reposinfo>

Thanks,
Bhuvnesh Chaudhary
Email: bchau <bc...@gopivotal.com>dhary@pivotal.io
Desk: +1-650-846-1696 | Mobile: +1-973-906-6976

Re: Adding repo in repoinfo.xml

Posted by Bhuvnesh Chaudhary <bc...@pivotal.io>.
Any inputs on why the behavior as mentioned below is seen ?

Posted by Alexander Denissov <ad...@pivotal.io>.
This breaks the functionality of adding a custom service repo, since custom
services do not have entries in the public VDF and public VDFs right now
completely replace the default ones, instead of merging (overriding) the
values.

In the case of HAWQ, the plugin is installed and adds the new repo
information to the repoinfo.xml of all available stacks on the file system.
Once Ambari cluster creation wizard queries the latest repo info from the
public URLs, it will get the info for all stack repos, but not the custom
ones. So, the logic should be:
1. Use default repoinfo (from file system) as the base
2. Query public VDF, if available
3. For each entry in public VDF overwrite values in the default repoinfo
4. Entries in default repoinfo that do not have corresponding entries in
VDF should stay intact

This way custom services can be added via file edit and the latest
information can still be retrieved and applied for the standard stack.

I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-17285 for this
issue -- we need to get this fixed in 2.4.

Alex.

Posted by Joe Wang <jw...@hortonworks.com>.

From: Bhuvnesh Chaudhary <bc...@pivotal.io>
Date: Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 2:24 PM