Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by h h <se...@hotmail.com> on 2001/01/26 10:42:35 UTC

free function for char * allocated by DOMString::transcode

when freeing memory that was allocated by a xerces-c dll in char *
DOMString::transcode in another DLL under NT. I get an error message about
heaps not being the same.

I tried to use ArrayJanitor to do the free, but it does not consider
ArrayJanitor<char> as a member of xerces-c dll: ArrayJanitor is a template,
and its code is compiled in my program.

The only solution for me was to add a function to free the transcoded
characters in DOMString.cpp / hpp

in DOMString.hpp
CDOM_EXPORT void transcodeFree(char *c);

in DOMString.cpp
CDOM_EXPORT void transcodeFree(char *c)
{
    delete [] c;
}

please let me know what you think about this, and if it is possible to get
the fix in xerces-c thanks.
-- Sebastien