Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2013/07/20 19:26:50 UTC

[VOTE] Retire Maven Model Converter

Hi,

The only consumer of Maven Model Converter we have left at the Apache
Maven project is Maven One Plugin. If the vote for the retirement of
Maven One Plugin succeeds we should also retire Maven Model Converter.
The last release was made almost six years ago. Last time I checked
Maven Model Converter was also used by the Apache Archiva project. The
retirement plan is to move the component to the Apache Archiva
project, if they want it.

http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-model-converter/

I therefor propose that we retire maven-model-converter.

If this vote is successful I will make one final release of the
component (there are some issues that have been fixed) making it clear
on the component site that it has been retired. After that the source
code will be moved to the Apache Archiva project in Subversion, or if
they do not want it to the "retired" area in Subversion.

The process for retiring a plugin is described here:
http://maven.apache.org/developers/retirement-plan-plugins.html

The vote is open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Yes, it's about time
[ ] -1 No, because...

--
Dennis Lundberg

[RESULT] [VOTE] Retire Maven Model Converter

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The vote has passed with the following result:

+1 (binding): Arnaud Héritier, Hervé Boutemy, Wayne Fay, Stephen
Connolly, Ralph Goers, Brett Porter, Dennis Lundberg
+1 (non binding): Lennart Jörelid, Baptiste Mathus

I will continue with the steps required to retire this shared component.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE] Retire Maven Model Converter

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
+1

---------
Arnaud

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 thanks Dennis.

Wayne

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Saturday, 20 July 2013, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The only consumer of Maven Model Converter we have left at the Apache
> Maven project is Maven One Plugin. If the vote for the retirement of
> Maven One Plugin succeeds we should also retire Maven Model Converter.
> The last release was made almost six years ago. Last time I checked
> Maven Model Converter was also used by the Apache Archiva project. The
> retirement plan is to move the component to the Apache Archiva
> project, if they want it.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-model-converter/
>
> I therefor propose that we retire maven-model-converter.
>
> If this vote is successful I will make one final release of the
> component (there are some issues that have been fixed) making it clear
> on the component site that it has been retired. After that the source
> code will be moved to the Apache Archiva project in Subversion, or if
> they do not want it to the "retired" area in Subversion.
>
> The process for retiring a plugin is described here:
> http://maven.apache.org/developers/retirement-plan-plugins.html
>
> The vote is open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 Yes, it's about time
> [ ] -1 No, because...
>
> --
> Dennis Lundberg

Sent from my phone

Re: [VOTE] Retire Maven Model Converter

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
+1

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
+1

Ralph

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1

On 21/07/2013, at 3:26 AM, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The only consumer of Maven Model Converter we have left at the Apache
> Maven project is Maven One Plugin. If the vote for the retirement of
> Maven One Plugin succeeds we should also retire Maven Model Converter.
> The last release was made almost six years ago. Last time I checked
> Maven Model Converter was also used by the Apache Archiva project. The
> retirement plan is to move the component to the Apache Archiva
> project, if they want it.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-model-converter/
>
> I therefor propose that we retire maven-model-converter.
>
> If this vote is successful I will make one final release of the
> component (there are some issues that have been fixed) making it clear
> on the component site that it has been retired. After that the source
> code will be moved to the Apache Archiva project in Subversion, or if
> they do not want it to the "retired" area in Subversion.
>
> The process for retiring a plugin is described here:
> http://maven.apache.org/developers/retirement-plan-plugins.html
>
> The vote is open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 Yes, it's about time
> [ ] -1 No, because...
>
> --
> Dennis Lundberg

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter
http://twitter.com/brettporter

[RESULT] [VOTE] Retire Maven Model Converter

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
+1