Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by as...@ncsu.edu on 2004/09/03 18:15:53 UTC

Redirection not working with login

Hello,

I have used the proxy server to record a simple test script. once the test
scripts are recorded I want to run it. I am having some problem with the
redirection getting to work with the login while running the recorded test
scripts. The test case is as follows.

There is a Login.asp page. The parameters to be sent with the request are
the username and password. This is a POST request and for this request I
have set the Follow Redirects and Use KeepAlive option in the JMeter.

Once the Login.asp page is submitted it returns an HTTP response code of
302. The URL requested after submitting the Login.asp page is HomePage.asp
but the redirected URL is MainMenu.asp.

When I run the test script after recording it, the MainMenu.asp returns
the response data as an HTML page saying that "you are not logged in,
Please log in". This HTML page is returned if I directly invoke the
MainMenu.asp page without gowing through the Login.asp page. I have set
the  Follow Redirects and Use KeepAlive option in the JMeter for all the
three pages Login.asp, HomePage.asp and Mainmenu.asp. I have also set the
correct "send parameters with the request" in both the HomePage.asp and
MainMenu.asp page supplying the username and password.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,
Ashish

Re: Redirection not working with login

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Yes, but how about not following redirects?  Just make each request
explicit.  In other words, leave it just as the proxy recorder records
it.

-Mike

Posted by as...@ncsu.edu.

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.