Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Anton Schoultz <AS...@RUBICO.COM> on 2002/06/24 15:21:59 UTC

pointers?

Hi

I'm trying to make use of slide's WebDAV client code (webdavResource in
particular) to communicate with SLIDE (via WebDAV servlet). We're looking to
use version control,
ie to do a check-out (exclusive) and check-in the updated file.

When I try to execute the webdavResource.checkoutMethod I get
"ava.lang.IllegalStateException: URI /history/1/1.0 is not a version URI"

I'm running SLIDE (2002-06-20) under tomcat 4.0.3, my slide
Domain.xml contains the following so should support versioning ? :-

<!-- THIS ADDED AS PER PETER NEVERMANN'S SUGGESTIONS -->
    <definition>
      <store name="file">
        <nodestore classname="slidestore.file.XMLFileDescriptorsStore">
          <parameter
name="rootpath">C:\Slide\Tomcat\metadatastore</parameter>
        </nodestore>
        <securitystore>
          <reference store="nodestore" />
        </securitystore>
        <lockstore>
          <reference store="nodestore" />
        </lockstore>
        <revisiondescriptorsstore>
          <reference store="nodestore" />
        </revisiondescriptorsstore>
        <revisiondescriptorstore>
          <reference store="nodestore" />
        </revisiondescriptorstore>
        <contentstore classname="slidestore.reference.FileContentStore">
          <parameter
name="rootpath">C:\Slide\Tomcat\contentstore</parameter>
          <parameter name="version">true</parameter> <!-- versioning true=ON
-->
          <parameter name="resetBeforeStarting">false</parameter>  <!-- keep
content data after restart -->
        </contentstore>
      </store>
      <scope match="/" store="file" />
    </definition>

What methods (of webdavResource) should I be using for the
* check-out (exclusive lock, get latest to work area)
* check-in (store modified file - as next version, release the lock)

Any pointers, sugestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Anton Schoultz

Rubico (Pty) Ltd
Cell Phone:  +27 83 651 7191