Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ke...@cgu.com.au on 2001/08/10 00:50:58 UTC

Question about forward and backward button in the browser

Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom
of this message.

:
If I using one Form and multiple JSP pages to provides a smart guide type
application. The next page data is depends on the previous page and so on.

Using backward button in the browser to view the data and submit it again
will cause problem to the application. The data may be corrupted.

I know in struts you can turn off the browser cache. But it causes
inconvenience to user, as most user get used to the backward button in the
browser.

What I would like to happen is user can use backward button to see previous
page but cannot submit data.

So can we build in some features in struts to help to solve this type of
problem. Or I miss something in struts?

Regards
Kelvin

:

The information transmitted in this message and attachments (if any)
is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
The message may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information, by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this
e-mail and associated material from any computer.

The intended recipient of this e-mail may only use, reproduce, disclose or
distribute the information contained in this e-mail and any attached files,
with the permission of CGU Insurance.

This message has been scanned for viruses and cleared by MailMarshal.

:

Re: Question about forward and backward button in the browser

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Struts has no control over the browser, and so there's only so much the
framework can do.

You might want to take a look at the "token" methods in the Action
class. These can protect a user from submitting a form twice.

The best place to ask questions like this is the user list. If no one
there can come up with a solution using the current devices, then we can
talk about changes on the DEV list.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.