Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Bhavesh Shah <bh...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/26 12:10:05 UTC

Error related Hadoop

Hello,
I launched my instance on Amazon. And I run the job yesterday on it and I
got the following error in log fies (Log Files of JobTracker)

DataStreamer Exception: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
java.io.IOException: File /mnt/var/lib/hadoop/tmp/mapred/system/
jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1

And due to this my job get terminated. Is anything wrong while
configuration/running jobs?

Bhavesh Shah

Re: Error related Hadoop

Posted by madhu phatak <ph...@gmail.com>.
Seems like Datanode is not up. Please look into tasktracker and datanode
logs.

RE: Error related Hadoop

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.
This can be due to any of these reasons,

1. No DataNode instances being up and running.
2. The DataNode instances cannot talk to the server, through networking or Hadoop configuration problems.
3. Your DataNode instances have no hard disk space in their configured data directories.
4. Your DataNode instances have run out of space.

Can you check the Name Node and Data Node logs for clear reasons?

Thanks
Devaraj