Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Max Yu <yu...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/23 23:07:16 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache not working after upgrading MySQL Server

I could not understand how the problem is related to MySQL
server.

The machine is running Fedora Core 4, Apache 2.0.54 and MySQL
server 4.1.9. And everything was fine. Then I updated MySQL to
5.0.18. Then Apache is not working any more. Start Apache will
fail.

The error log only has one item related to this:

caught SIGTERM, shutting down.

Why is not?

Re: [users@httpd] Apache not working after upgrading MySQL Server

Posted by Max Yu <yu...@yahoo.com>.
It seems I have mod_auth_mysql, but It can't be loaded. The
error mwssage is:

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 6 of
/etc/httpd/conf.d/auth_mysql.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_auth_mysql.so into server:
object requires: cannot enable executable stack as shared object
requires: Permission denied

Max

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

Posted by Kishore Jalleda <kj...@gmail.com>.
is this the line from the apache error log and are you sure there is nothing
else here, do you see any orphaned apache processes, i am guessing its
something to do with apache binding to some IP thats conflicting with mysql,
are your loop-back addresss configured properly , anyway have you checked
netstat -a to see on what sockets the server is listening, also i would
suggest doing an strace on the apache startup script to see where it is
failing

Kishore Jalleda

Posted by "Slawomir Orlowski (CYMPAK)" <so...@cympak.com>.
Hello,
I had similar problem in thepast and in my case I had to upgrade DBI and
DBD::mysql and it was working again.
Regards
Slawomir