Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Christian Hepworth <ch...@york.ac.uk> on 2013/04/02 17:05:43 UTC

How to fix: Error: Unexpected jobqueue status

Hi there,

We are experiencing the following error from Manifold CF.

Error: Unexpected jobqueue status - record id 1363876634288, expecting
active status, saw 2

How do we go about fixing this to allow our job to run again as normal?

Thanks

Re: How to fix: Error: Unexpected jobqueue status

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
I should also clarify that just restarting your job should be good enough
to fix everything, until it happens again.

Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
That is interesting.  What version of PostgreSQL is this?  Do you see stack
traces from the Solr output connector, or failures indexing in the simple
history report?

Karl

Posted by pa...@wipro.com.

www.wipro.com<http://www.wipro.com>

www.wipro.com

Re: How to fix: Error: Unexpected jobqueue status

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
I've committed to trunk code that will independently track data
modifications to the jobqueue table which change job statuses.  If there is
a failure, a printout will be dumped to the manifoldcf log which will allow
me to do the necessary forensics to determine the cause of the problem.

The code is, however, not always enabled.  You have to enable it in
properties.xml by setting the value "org.apache.manifoldcf.diagnostics" to
the value "DEBUG".  If you run ManifoldCF in this mode, you should also
expect it to be somewhat slower and use significantly more memory - so keep
an eye out for out-of-memory conditions.

This diagnostic code will ship with the 1.2 release, unless we manage to
find the problem before then.

Thanks,
Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Hepworth <ch...@york.ac.uk>.
Hi Karl,

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

www.wipro.com

Re: How to fix: Error: Unexpected jobqueue status

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,