Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Sheikh, Wasim A." <wa...@accenture.com.INVALID> on 2020/11/12 11:32:20 UTC

Need help to resolve Apache Solr vulnerability

Hi Team,

Currently we are facing the below vulnerability for Apache Solr tool. So can you please check the below details and help us to fix this issue.

/etc/init.d/solr-master version

Server version: Apache Tomcat/7.0.62
Server built: May 7 2015 17:14:55 UTC
Server number: 7.0.62.0
OS Name: Linux
OS Version: 2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.x86_64
Architecture: amd64
JVM Version: 1.8.0_20-b26
JVM Vendor: Oracle Corporation

&quot;solr-spec-version&quot;:&quot;4.10.4&quot;,
Solr is an enterprise search platform.<P>
Solr is prone to remote code execution vulnerability.
<P>
Affected Versions:<BR>
Apache Solr version prior to 6.6.2 and prior to 7.1.0<P>

QID Detection Logic (Unauthenticated):<BR>
This QID sends specifically crafted request which include special entities in the xml document and looks for the vulnerable response.<BR>
Alternatively, in another check, this QID matches vulnerable versions in the response webpage
Successful exploitation allows attacker to execute arbitrary code.
The vendor has issued updated packages to fix this vulnerability. <P>For more information about the vulnerability and obtaining patches, refer to the following Fedora security advisories :<BR><A HREF="https://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html" TARGET="_blank">Apache Solr 6.6.2</A> For more information regarding the update can be found at <A HREF="https://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html" TARGET="_blank">Apache Solr  7.1.0</A>.

<P>Patch:<BR>
Following are links for downloading patches to fix the vulnerabilities:
<P> <A HREF="https://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html" TARGET="_blank">Apache Solr 6.6.2</A><P> <A HREF="https://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html" TARGET="_blank">Apache Solr 7.1.0</A>

Thanks...
Wasim Shaikh

www.accenture.com

Re: Need help to resolve Apache Solr vulnerability

Posted by Dave <ha...@gmail.com>.
Solr isn’t meant to be public facing. Not sure how anyone would send these commands since it can’t be reached from the outside world