Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Gelina, Melissa K." <ME...@saic.com> on 2016/03/14 14:34:07 UTC

OpenOffice

Do you have a presentation of any kind that supports moving to Apache OpenOffice?  I am trying to get off of Word and since I do not know what you know about your product it would be a better presentation of material if it came from you versus me.

Please let me know.

Melissa Gelina
Technical Writer for Combat Operations Center (COC)
Documentation Team Lead
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
melissa.k.gelina@saic.com<ma...@saic.com>
Desk: 843.628.3911
Cell: 8436289347

Re: OpenOffice

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 13:34 14/03/2016 +0000, Melissa K. Gelina wrote:
>Do you have a presentation of any kind that supports moving to
>Apache OpenOffice? I am trying to get off of Word and since I do not
>know what you know about your product it would be a better
>presentation of material if it came from you versus me.

You need the Migration Guide. Start at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Migration_Guide
and browse using the panel at top right. In particular, you will want
to read "General Differences in Use between OpenOffice.org and
Microsoft Office" and "Differences in Use between Writer and Word".

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: OpenOffice

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 13:34:07 +0000
"Gelina, Melissa K." <ME...@saic.com> wrote:

> Do you have a presentation of any kind that supports moving to Apache OpenOffice?  I am trying to get off of Word and since I do not know what you know about your product it would be a better presentation of material if it came from you versus me.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Melissa Gelina
> Technical Writer for Combat Operations Center (COC)
> Documentation Team Lead
> Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
> melissa.k.gelina@saic.com<ma...@saic.com>
> Desk: 843.628.3911
> Cell: 8436289347

This file will show you what you can do in OpenOffice and how to do it
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/download/file.php?id=17107

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>