Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by indrek siitan <tf...@mysql.com> on 2000/06/16 22:17:29 UTC

RE: Apache::DBI broken?

Hi,

> System is:
> FreeBSD 4.0
> Apache 1.3.12
> perl 5.005_03
> mod_perl 1.24
> DBI 1.14
> Apache::DBI 0.87

are you sure you don't have PHP4 in this mix? if you have compiled
PHP4 with its internal support for MySQL, it will conflict with
mod_perl.

Rgds,
  Tfr

 --==< tfr@mysql.com >==< MySQL development team >==< Thibodaux, LA / USA >==--

RE: Apache::DBI broken?

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

IM> php4 *is* in the mix!  I installed it just so we could use phpMyAdmin (neat
IM> MySQL web client).  Can you ellaborate on this (URL, docs, etc)??  Is there
IM> a patch for php4 or should I jump back to php3?

by default, when you build php4 with mysql, it compiles its own copy
of the mysql client library statically into itself.  you need to tell
it explicitly to use your pre-installed copy.  if this is a shared
lib, it will be more friendly to the DBI since they will not have any
conflicting name space issues.

RE: Apache::DBI broken?

Posted by indrek siitan <tf...@mysql.com>.
Hi,

> php4 *is* in the mix!  I installed it just so we could use
> phpMyAdmin (neat MySQL web client).  Can you ellaborate on this
> (URL, docs, etc)??  Is there a patch for php4 or should I jump
> back to php3?

you just need to compile PHP4 with --with-mysql=/path/to/your/mysql.
if you use just --with-mysql, the internal mysql minilib will be
used.

RE: Apache::DBI broken?

Posted by Ian Mahuron <ia...@dmi.net>.
php4 *is* in the mix!  I installed it just so we could use phpMyAdmin (neat
MySQL web client).  Can you ellaborate on this (URL, docs, etc)??  Is there
a patch for php4 or should I jump back to php3?

Thanks!

Ian