Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wangwenli <wa...@huawei.com> on 2012/07/27 13:29:52 UTC

regarding dfs.web.ugi

HI all,

I am using hadoop2.0 alpha release,

org.apache.hadoop.http.lib.StaticUserWebFilter.getUsernameFromConf(Configuration)

  static String getUsernameFromConf(Configuration conf) {
    String oldStyleUgi = conf.get(DEPRECATED_UGI_KEY);
    if (oldStyleUgi != null) {
      // We can't use the normal configuration deprecation mechanism here
      // since we need to split out the username from the configured UGI.
      LOG.warn(DEPRECATED_UGI_KEY + " should not be used. Instead, use " +
               USERNAME_KEY + ".");
      String[] parts = oldStyleUgi.split(",");
      return parts[0];
    } else {
      return conf.get(USERNAME_KEY, USERNAME_DEFAULT);        // this part will never be executed, because in hdfs-default.xml,the DEPRECATED_UGI_KEY will always there, so here the logic should check the new property first, then the deprecated key.  Any idea?
    }
  }

答复: regarding dfs.web.ugi

Posted by Wangwenli <wa...@huawei.com>.
It is ok for me now. Tks harsh J.

This should be fixed in the 2.1.0 release in short future, via
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8358. I've removed the
default XML bit out of it. For now would setting dfs.web.ugi itself to
the right user fix it up for you?

--
Harsh J

Re: regarding dfs.web.ugi