Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Artur Z <ar...@o2.pl> on 2004/07/29 22:42:29 UTC

OJB/JDO

hello

I searched the archive and I have not found answers so please tell me:

- is it still impossible to use OJB/JDO in production (because of the sun's JDORI license) ?
- when apache implementation of JDO will be ready ?
- why JDO api is better than ODMG (I mean functionality, usability) ?

only a few days left me for making decision about deep going into OJB, so please help me found the answers

Best regards

Artur

Re: OJB/JDO

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
On Jul 29, 2004, at 5:53 PM, Artur Z wrote:

> thanks form reply
>
> correct me if i'm wrong, but if everything will go as planed the
> apache JDO
> implementation will be ready by november ?

That is my personal plan, not an official one, and is subject to the
whims of the JDO expert group changing everything. In other words, it
is a best guess on my part.

-Brian

Re: OJB/JDO

Posted by Artur Z <ar...@o2.pl>.
thanks form reply

Re: OJB/JDO

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
On Jul 29, 2004, at 4:42 PM, Artur Z wrote:

> hello
>
> I searched the archive and I have not found answers so please tell me:
>
> - is it still impossible to use OJB/JDO in production (because of the
> sun's JDORI license) ?

Yes