Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Bharath Kumar <bh...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/03 07:49:25 UTC

Re: Decommissioning a node takes forever

Hi All,

Thanks for the excellent suggestion , once we find out the blocks which
have replication factor more than actual datanodes and we run setrep =
datanodes .
Should the decomissiong proceed smoothly . From your past experiences how
much time does a decommissioning take to complete . During decommissioning
can i execute my MR jobs and will it affect performance of cluster ?

--
Warm Regards,
                         *Bharath Kumar *