Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net> on 2003/08/24 20:19:34 UTC

Service-Engine-Host - which is superficial?

Dear list,

I am trying to set up a somewhat complex virtual hosting with Apache and
Tomcat.

Having done some experiments, I wonder which setup I should go for.

What I don't understand is:

I can have several services, engines and hosts nested.

I can see what different hosts within one engine could do for me, such
as having a separate webapps directory for each virtual host.

But in what situation would I want to have more than one engine or more
than one service?

Torsten