Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Jack L. Stone" <ja...@sage-american.com> on 2006/11/17 16:09:01 UTC

Ignoring outgoing mail

I have looked through the SA list archives for any method to make SA ignore
outgoing emails but nothing found that helped. I'm using the flag that I
thought helped do this when I load the scanner spamass-milter:
"-i 127.0.0.1" (plus a few more IPs)

I do not see any flages on spamd to help with this either.

This may be more of a spamass-milter question, but I have been using spamd
& spamass-milter for years and thought I knew all of the tricks.

The scans are slowing down the send out of emails signficantly and ad to
remove one custom rule I found that was causing a 19 sec timeout & related
delay -- ixhash was the culprit. Once I disable that ruleset, the delay
dropped from 19 secs to only 3 sec.

I have used spamc-milter before and had pretty good results with that one
and see that it has had further updates -- still don't know if I can bypass
the outgoing tho.

Any tips appreciated, pleaase.

Thanks,
Jack