Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org> on 2019/04/18 21:57:05 UTC

Beam Kata / project-specific trainings

Hi Training!

Recently Beam received an offer of some training materials called "Beam
Kata" [1]. The Beam community is enthusiastic about this, and setting up an
area in the Beam repo for it. I certainly don't want to redirect efforts or
slow anything down there.

So my question is whether there is anything useful to do for this project.
I guess it will seem to raise the issue of what to do in similar
situations. I do feel that Beam trainings often tend to be trainings across
multiple Apache projects, hence my interest in this project. On the other
hand, the contributor building the training is often focused on Beam and
might see Beam as the most natural place to host their contribution.

What do you think?

Kenn

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/36769b9df3b9c2f621f74a70d8091b32fd913218e9615584faaffa50@%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E

Re: Beam Kata / project-specific trainings

Posted by Periom Kawnex <pe...@gmail.com>.
oh my cat....i d k. are u really far from my home?  i wish i could talk
someone in life.....

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.

Am 23. April 2019 16:44:55 MESZ schrieb "Sönke Liebau" <so...@opencore.com.INVALID>:
>So we'd, of course, be thrilled to host that material. At the same
>time, I
>can also see the Beam repository being a good place for it for obvious
>reasons.

+1 to both.

Hosting it close to Beam has the advantage that likely it's going to receive updates faster. Is expect the training project to attract material that has no such clear home, but also attract discussion on learning and teaching best practices. So maybe it makes sense to initially keep that material close to Beam, if they are willing to host it but have someone keep an eye on lists here...

Just my humble opinion,

Isabel

--
This message was sent with K-9 from a mobile device with swipe to type enabled. I'm sorry for any embarrassing typos that slipped through.

Re: Beam Kata / project-specific trainings

Posted by Sönke Liebau <so...@opencore.com.INVALID>.
Hi Kenn,